Thursday, November 14, 2013

I Think This One Works! Finally!

 photo BlogButton_zps6185a816.jpg  My Fabulous Friday Finish that I've shared over at Crazy Mom Quilts (see sidebar blog button) is some close-up photos of quilting.  Most of my finishes this week are customer's quilts so I can't show you the whole project.  I'm also sharing this project with http://marelize-ries.blogspot.com/.

I've also added this blog to the "NEW Quilt Blogs for 2013" over at "Crafty Sewing & Quilting".  Thanks for letting me join, it's for blogs with fewer than 50 followers.   I would love more followers, so let me know what you think!



Just curious, I have developed my own style of machine quilting which I call "Mix 'N Match".  I thought about doing a weekly blog article (with Linky party, if it doesn't kill me to embed that HTML) where you could share your links.  Does this interest anyone?  Here is a motif I did on a customer's quilt this week and would teach the thread-paths to do this.  I would allow home links--from recipes, home decor, general sewing and of course quilting!

I use a regular sewing machine to do the binding.  While I started out quilting on a home machine, I now use a mid-arm quilting machine.



We could start simple, with the thread-paths to create different portions of this butterfly then advance to the complete butterfly.

After enough time has gone by, I could even show the thread-paths to create wreaths like this!

Leave me a comment, I'd love to know what you think!  BTW, my fabric give-away is still accepting comments for one more week.  Scroll down to enter to win!  If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave me a contact email or website.  Thanks!-S

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I would love to respond to you, so leave me an email if you would like a response or your website if you would like me to visit you! Happy Quilting!