Monday, November 24, 2014

Nordic Sweater Quilt My Newest Pattern

I love to design quilts around themes.  This quilt was designed as a snow and winter Christmas theme in mind.  It was inspired by traditional Intarsia and Nordic knitting styles.  And now it is available for instant download on my Craftsy and Etsy shops.  Enjoy!  This is by far my favorite design to date and I hope you enjoy it too!




I chose to do a curl-feather design in the outer border and did a back-fill in the red of my windblown design.

I had noticed other bloggers take a "stained-glass window" of their quilt tops.  I really liked the look of the seams against the setting sun so I took some photos of this quilt top.

The stained-glass photo shoot really makes the Nordic star pop.

Now it's your turn...what have you been working on?  It's my weekly linky party KISMIF (Keep It Simple and Make It Fun!).




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I would love to respond to you, so leave me an email if you would like a response or your website if you would like me to visit you! Happy Quilting!