Friday, September 20, 2013

Of Bean-Peans and Wubbies...

Some times a quilt is simply a "Bean-Pean" or a "Wubbie".

What is that?  My spell checker is going nuts.

While you may not recognize it's name...since those words are taken from a toddler's vocabulary...you will recognize the quilt.  It is that precious quilt your child can't separate from.  The quilt that has traveled to both hither and yon for camping trips, grandma's house and even church!  It's the quilt your child watches in the washing machine and dry with ample anxiety when you finally steal it away from him or her...because it really is filthy from visiting the beach, sand-box or tree house.

In short, when you give your child one of these beauties--no matter what other quilting accolades you may have won--and the toddler nick-names it, you know that you have "made it" as a quilter. 

Don't laugh!  I still know where my pink "Wubbie" is and it's over 35 years old!

**********************************************************************************

The truth is....most quilters I have met hope to earn the coveted "Bean-Pean" and "Wubbie" (or whatever your toddler's favorite nick-name for their blanket is) award.  Why?  They want to give their love.


Most of my machine quilting customers know when their quilt is going to have some extra-loving and do not want to pay the extra cost of expensive quilting for these quilts. 

So....I am bringing my $0.01 per square inch options so you can affordably give your portable love to your little ones.  HOWEVER, I WILL ONLY OFFER LIMITED STYLES:

  1. I will only do free-hand quilting. 
  2. The quilting motif style will be in the five-to five and a half inch range.
  3. All motifs must be through my copy-righted styles.
  4. No custom borders, just one style edge-to-edge.
Here are some photos of a recent sample.

Close-Up of Alternating Swirls Being Quilted

 Wouldn't you agree that it's perfect for your "Bean-Peans" and "Wubbies"?  I think so.

Here are some other styles that I will offer at this low price.























Close-Up of Carnation Being Quilted

Close-Up of Lasso Being Quilted

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I would love to respond to you, so leave me an email if you would like a response or your website if you would like me to visit you! Happy Quilting!