Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Joining the 2013 Finish-A-Long

I thought I would join the Spring Finish-A-Long...and here are my projects I'll be completing during the next three months on this blog.


 
The first quilt to finish: Is my "No More Homeless Blocks" pictured here.  I think I can get this one done since it only needs to finished being sewn in its setting and have borders added.




I started some scrap Dresden Plates that it's about time to applique to their background fabric.


 

I'll free motion quilt these two tops.  They are my "Twin Sisters" Pattern available on my "Freebies" tab.  I re-named it so don't be surprised when the PDF that comes up has the title "Corner Stars" as that was its original title as I was drafting it to work with charm square and layer cakes.



My next photos are of a kit I bought--YEARS ago...oops. 

I purchased this "Almost A Flower Garden" kit by Darlene Zimmerman from my favorite local quilt shop.  It was run by a mother-daughter team and they were so nice and helpful to work with.  Those ladies could get you through any project.  Unfortunately, both of their husbands contracted cancer so they closed their shop to take care of their spouses and never re-opened.  So sad....but they put together a great kit. So...here's the photos.

Here's my kit.

Almost A Flower Garden Pattern by Darlene Zimmerman

Almost A Flower Garden Pattern by Darlene Zimmerman
I've always wanted to make a Grandma's Flower Garden, but couldn't bring myself to paper-piece all of those fabrics.  I need me hand sewing time to make my daughter's Smocked Dresses.  Maybe I should include one of those in this quarter's UFO's....I usually do one a quarter.

This dress is almost done...so I'll add it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I would love to respond to you, so leave me an email if you would like a response or your website if you would like me to visit you! Happy Quilting!