Thursday, June 13, 2019

9-Block Charm Square Sampler QAL Finish!

Well, it took me a few years, but I finally finished my 9-Block Charm Square Sampler, I started back in 2015.  https://moderntraditionquilts.blogspot.com/p/charm-square-quilt-along-2015-block.html





Why did it take so long...well, when I started it, we moved to another county.  Then, I started a Master's Degree, then started teaching school again, then off again, then started  back up again...finished a few more endorsements until and finished some "loose" credentials...4 years later...I have a summer with time to quilt!

This quilt top was the closest I ever came to not completing a project once it was started.  At one point, it looked like "barf" -- literally!  One of my lovely children got sick in the night and threw up on the pile of quilt blocks (he was aiming for the trash can but didn't make it).   I had to soak, clean and then press...and re-press all of those seams.

Do you remember how careful we were at pressing perfectly to get perfect points?  Oh!  After washing them...that was a challenge to get it back!








3 comments:

  1. oh this looks nice. It will be pretty when done. I love the fabrics.
    I understand the barf situation. My babies barfed on my things all the time haha
    fingers crossed my kitties don't, or my grand daughters.
    This is a lovely quilt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was seeing along with you and you just disappeared. I went ahead and finished mine up and use it as a summer tablecloth, but I wondered where you went. Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And welcome back! I didn't get a notification of this post, but I'm so happy to see that you are here and still quilting through all the ups and downs! A finish of a UFO is great. 4 years isn't bad. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! I would love to respond to you, so leave me an email if you would like a response or your website if you would like me to visit you! Happy Quilting!