Thursday, March 24, 2022

2021- Christmas Quilt

 In honor of my grandmother Goff, who belonged to the group "Quiet Quilters" in Rose Park, Utah, I make a quilt every Christmas and give it to someone who has touched my family's life.  The "Quiet Quilters" is what this group of Relief Society women called themselves, but if you ever attended their gathering, they were, "anything but quiet."  These were a group of retired women who met together and tied quilts on a weekly basis and discussed individuals who needed some extra love in their life.  Then, they would have my grandfather doorbell-ditch the quilt on that persons' doorstep.

This year's Christmas quilt goes to a neighbor family who was there for my family in a very dark time.  They had a similar trial and bore their testimony to my family that if you "just keep praying and just keep reading your scriptures - particularly the Book of Mormon, everything will work out."  Because their outreach meant so much to me, they got this year's "Portable Hug."

Here are photos.  For this project, I made my "Sweet Sixteen" quilt and set it on point.  It was quilted with my Baptist Fan "Groovy Boards."






1 comment:

Thanks for your comment! I would love to respond to you, so leave me an email if you would like a response or your website if you would like me to visit you! Happy Quilting!