Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Work In Progress Wednesday 10-29-13

Greetings to all your WiP Wednesday readers--especially those from freshlypieced.com.

Today I am sharing my progress on my Flying to Paradise Quilt A Long.  Scroll to the previous two posts to get directions to begin your projects.

Here is a close-up of the center panel.  I think it would be cute as a baby quilt as well.

I just love how those goldenrod batiks look next to my golden Quaking  Aspen trees.
Some close-ups of the batik blocks in the fall leaves.



And...here's how I pieced those blocks.  For complete rotary cutting and piecing directions, read the previous post.  Thanks!

My husband brought home this Architect's square ruler from work.  They were going to throw it away and he thought it would be great to cut quilt blocks with.  I agree!  Because it doesn't have registration lines, I put masking tape on the bottom to check my alignment.

You can see how each fat quarter pair yields a dark block and a light block.  Simply rotate the striped half-square triangle units so the bias edge is facing out and you get this great spinning block!

I love this batik pairing and had to show it too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I would love to respond to you, so leave me an email if you would like a response or your website if you would like me to visit you! Happy Quilting!