Monday, October 28, 2013

Flying To Paradise Quilt A-Long: Part One

OKAY, LETS START THIS OVER!!!  I started this quilt a long and then broke my thumb--and many of you saw the picture of me in a cast.  I'm sorry for the delay....but now I'm back to 100% and can host this QAL project.  Thanks for your patience.  As a result, I am re-posting the first posts in the series to keep them all together.  I hope you enjoy your quilt.
****************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Welcome to the Flying to Paradise Quilt a-long.  This is the first post in this series.  Please feel free to take this blog icon and set up a link to this quilt a long.  As this is my first time hosting a quilt a-long, I would love to share photos of your progress.  We can do this by flicker or by my email.  If you'd like to share, email me at gsmower{at}netzero[dot]com or leave me a comment below.  Thanks!


This fabrics for this quilt a-long were from my blog sponsor, Connecting Threads.  To purchase the exact batiks shown--their Light & Bright Batik Fat Quarter Sampler (24 pieces), visit this link: http://www.connectingthreads.com/Kits/Light__Bright_Batik_Fat_Quarter_Sampler__D5182.HTML

Fabric Requirements:
  •  25 Fat Quarters.
  •  3 1/2 Yards white batik for the inner applique border and the outer border.
  • 1 Yard fabric for binding.
  • 5 Yards for backing.
  • 1 Package fusible webbing for the appliques.
  • 2 Packages double-fold 1/4 inch wide bias tape for the applique vine.

 Here is the quilt pattern diagram:



If you would like to purchase a completed draft of this pattern without the applique shapes, it is available on Craftsy for download on this link: http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/quilting/home-decor/flying-to-paradise-quilt-along-draft/65553 .  So...go get your fabrics ready, as we get this quilt along party started.  A special thanks goes out to Connecting Threads for being my fabric sponsor for this quilt.

Coming up next week, cutting your fat quarters to create the center patchwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I would love to respond to you, so leave me an email if you would like a response or your website if you would like me to visit you! Happy Quilting!