Well, I did it! I chose to put my family first and my teaching career on hold. I was offered a pretty fancy teaching position then decided that my children still needed their mommy at home.
After studying my church's teachings on how important it is to be a mom, I left the teaching profession. When the doors of the high school I teach at close in June, I will be out of work.
I have time to quilt!
I decided to do free-hand edge-to-edge only (for now, perhaps adding Pantographs and Mix'N'Match later). My services begin at $0.015 per square inch. If you need mail-order, it is a $30.00 return postage. Also, my minimum charge is $30.00 (for wall hangings and et. cetera.)
I also have a Facebook page where I can be easily contacted for quilt scheduling.
Modern Tradition Quilts on Facebook
Here are some photos...
- Charm Square Quilt Along 2015 Block Links
- Quilt Pattern Updates & Corrections
- One & 1/2 Cent Per Square Inch Catalog
- Links to Free Smocking Projects on the Internet
- Tutorial-Bishop's Yoke Smocked Dress
- Freebies! Instant Download Quilt Patterns, Tutorials And More!
- KISMIF Archive of Free Motion Quilting
- 2013 Quilt-A-Long
- Piecing Lessons
- Heirloom Sampler Blocks
- Tips for Domestic Machine Quilters
- 2014 Quilt Along: Punky-Wunkin Quilt