Monday, March 2, 2015

KISMIF #41

Welcome to Keep It Simple Make It Fun (KISMIF).  I sure enjoy your projects.

It is a great week!   I have a brand-new quilt pattern to announce this week.  It is called "Under the Nordic Sky" and was published and chosen to be the cover-feature quilt in Make Modern Magazine Issue #4.
This is the cover photo, shot at the J. Ruben Clarke Historic Farm in Grantsville, Utah USA--which is really far away from Make Modern's publishing in Sydney, Australia!

My husband and I had a great time with the photo shoot.  Here are some other pictures (some of which did not make the magazine).
The combination of black and white filter and the antique farm in the background makes this new and modern styled quilt look antique.

The same photo without the black and white filter.

Here is the quilt on an antique cow milking stand.  I love the weathered old wood--gratefully it was clean.

All of this old antique farm machinery gave so many photography options.  It was fun.  We'll have to take some pictures here again.

We then went into the Grantsville City Rodeo Grounds and took photos on their livestock chutes.  Very different photo shoot, but I like it a lot.
I went all-out quilting this project.  I pre-marked all of the straight lines and curved cross-hatching lines for spacing.  I also pre-marked a scalloped border and then back-filled with feathers.
The back-ground areas have micro-swirls while in between the Nordic Blocks I did pearls.  Also, all of the stars have white-thread feathers in them.

Close-up of the quilting.

Another close-up.

I really like the way the quilting turned out.  The extra effort really transformed this quilt into something I feel proud about.  I'm amazed that it turned out so well.

The curved cross-hatching created spectacular results.  It really sets off the Peerie border (X-O).



Well, that's enough about me, now it's all about you. 

My favorite project from last week was this beautiful flying geese pillow.  Great fabric choices.




Now it's your turn to share your projects.  What have you done to "Keep It Simple, Make It Fun" (KISMIF).





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I would love to respond to you, so leave me an email if you would like a response or your website if you would like me to visit you! Happy Quilting!