How embarrassing! My apologies, there was one typo in the Jelly Turnover Quilt feature I wrote for Moda Bake Shop. I typed 16 when I mean 8! Oui! That's what happens when you cut two strips at a time then forgot you cut 2 instead of one! At any rate, here is the pattern correction. You have my apologies:
The sashing section should read to take 23 jelly roll strips and sub cut
them into widths of 4 1/2" inches to yield 8 rectangles per strip
measuring 2 1/2" by 4 1/2". You will need 178 total (you will have 6
extra). (The pattern has 16 per strip written there which not only is impossible from a 40 inch length of fabric, but if you were to cut that many it would yield
twice as many as needed.)
I hope this clarifies things for everyone making this project. Also, I would love to see your completed projects. Please share it with my flickr pool--a button is on my right hand side bar.
Happy Quilting Everyone!
- Charm Square Quilt Along 2015 Block Links
- Quilt Pattern Updates & Corrections
- One & 1/2 Cent Per Square Inch Catalog
- Links to Free Smocking Projects on the Internet
- Tutorial-Bishop's Yoke Smocked Dress
- Freebies! Instant Download Quilt Patterns, Tutorials And More!
- KISMIF Archive of Free Motion Quilting
- 2013 Quilt-A-Long
- Piecing Lessons
- Heirloom Sampler Blocks
- Tips for Domestic Machine Quilters
- 2014 Quilt Along: Punky-Wunkin Quilt