Sunday, June 23, 2019

Where did everyone go?

Well...I spent some time looking through my favorite blogs and discovered that no one is updating them anymore.

Where did they go?

INSTAGRAM.

So...I made myself an Instagram page...then found new blogs and "Linky Parties" to follow and updated my button column.

Please follow me on Instagram at:

https://www.instagram.com/moderntraditionquilts/

In other news....."Big Bertha" -- my quilting machine bit the dust.  I took it in in march to have it overhauled.  While sewing last Saturday, the shaft in the fly wheel jammed and the crank came off.  It's done -- so my quilting blog may have to take a look at hand quilting for a while.

NUTS!


I was working on this quilt -- it has 20 blocks to do.  I completed 3 rows -- but not the 4th when the machine broke.  I'm not sure how to finish this quilt now.

They say "good luck" comes in 3's.  Does "bad luck" come in 3's?  My teenage son's car blew out a piston and needed a new engine, so we gave that vehicle to charity and purchased a new vehicle.  The following week, the quilting machine broke....and last week we got another teenage driver to insure at our house (that's a good thing -- not a bad thing).  So...no $$ to fix or buy a new machine.  I guess for now, I'll stick with my husband's quote: "Good thing...bad thing...I don't know!"

At least mom and grandma taught me how to hand quilt!

This is how I was quilting it.

Cross-hatching and feathers!

And...this is how far I got when the machine broke.
At lest I finished these two before it broke...nice edge to edge to edge.


This is the edge to edge pantograph from Urban Elementz called "Plumeria".  I can be downloaded for FREE here: https://www.urbanelementz.com/quilting-designs.html?category_ue=264&p=2

9 comments:

  1. Not everybody quit updating! There are a lot of fun blogs still out there. But IG is fun, too! For your machine troubles, have you checked for used machines? Some are very reasonable and much cheaper than new ones. The quilting looks great so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, NO!!! I'm SEW sorry to hear that your longarm is seriously ill. Wishing a speedy recovery or replacement parts soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about all the bad luck! I am following you on IG now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been having bad luck, haven't you. The good thing though that is that hand quilting is lovely albeit a lot slower. I love the texture of a hand quilted quilt. Love the quilts you have showcased today, especially your sweet Sunbonnet Sue pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes... lots of people are going to instagram because it's fast and easy.
    Bloggers are a unique group of people who like writing, and don't mind the time it takes.
    Thanks for linking up and enjoy the hand stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are still lots of wonderful, inspirational blogs to follow (I have a hard time keeping up). And linky party blogs are a great way to find new to you ones. Don't discount machine quilting on your domestic machine. That's how I quilt most of mine (no room or money for a long arm) and there are some bloggers with FMQ tutorials to show the way. Happy hand quilting in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do IG, but I follow more blogs. Everyone has to make choices about time spent and I find that blogging is more enjoyable, so that's what I do, though I don't comment as much as I once did. I'm so sorry about Big Bertha! Maybe you can find a used machine in good shape that will fit the same table? I've heard everything comes in threes, but I really think it's just that after the first thing happens, we are more focused and notice things more. =) Does a shop around you rent time on longarms? Does a friend have one you can use long enough to finish Sue's quilt? What about a mid-arm machine? Some of those aren't too expensive. It's all relative, though. =) I'm glad YOU are still blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still update my blog and I love those that do because IG is fun and quick but I usually want more and there is only one way to find out more and that is go to their blog. I am not great about keeping up myself but I do pop in to several blogs from my newsfeed. Don't give up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Affiliate Money Making Machine is waiting -

    Plus, making profit with it is as easy as 1-2-3!

    Here is how it all works...

    STEP 1. Choose which affiliate products you want to promote
    STEP 2. Add some PUSH button traffic (it LITERALLY takes JUST 2 minutes)
    STEP 3. See how the affiliate system grow your list and sell your affiliate products all by itself!

    So, do you want to start making money???

    Check it out here

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! I would love to respond to you, so leave me an email if you would like a response or your website if you would like me to visit you! Happy Quilting!