Thursday, December 31, 2020

2020 - What a year!

 2020 saw the Coronavirus pandemic, my parent's home burn down, my oldest son graduate high school ("virtually"), taking a road trip to hike Bryce Canyon, more high school football, entering the world of high school wrestling and me changing teaching to the school my children attend.  My youngest son is in my honor's biology class this school year.

Sewing Coronavirus masks..who knew sewing would come "back in style?"


GHS "Virtual" Graduation, 2020.



Hiking in Bryce Canyon National Park











I miss my old classroom and department at THS.  My new classroom at GHS is just a room, no lab.  At least I get to be with my own children.  

I miss teaching chemistry with the lab bench and the fun students had doing experiments.

Green flame!



After not having a working quilting machine for 2+ years, my husband let me purchase a used HandiQuilter Sweet 16 in late October.   I was able to do some quilts for Christmas.

The quilt setting pattern I used for this one was from Angela Walter's "Dot to Dot" class on Craftsy.  I changed the center 4-patch into a star.  Unfortunately, the "lifetime membership" to that class has been wiped out by the change to "BluePrint" and then back to "Craftsy".  I gave the quilt to my daughter's violin teacher.  She has come out to our home for lessons and even helped us choose a new violin for her, even in the middle of a pandemic.  She has served my family so much this year and I wanted to do something to show our gratitude.





This "Checkerboard Christmas Quilt" went to my mom and dad.  My dad really liked it and was grateful for it.  These sentimental items were lost in the fire.  Here is hoping to getting their home rebuilt in 2021!  The cardinal and holly sashing fabric was actually from my mom's "craft cave", prior to the fire.  The other prints reflect my children at Christmas time, when they were young.

My new/used HandiQuilter is stitch regulated, a luxury I've never had before.  I was able to quilt the "Christmas Cookies" pantograph by "Urban Elementz" on this project.  I chose that panto because my daughter used to sing "Christmas Cookies and Holiday Hearts" non-stop in the lower elementary school grades.


I gave this one to my in-laws.



I free-hand quilted bump-back feathers on it, edge to edge style.





Well, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!  Here is to a hopeful 2021!  Sending good vibes to anyone out there!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you got another machine! At least you have a graduate, some quilts and great memories to show for 2020. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! I would love to respond to you, so leave me an email if you would like a response or your website if you would like me to visit you! Happy Quilting!