Sunday, November 9, 2014

My Dresden Plate Quilt Top and KISMIF 28

Hello all!  Do you remember my in-the-car project from September?  I showed my tricks on needle-turning the applique of these Dresden Plate blocks?  This is the project where I challenged myself to only use fabric from my stash.  Yes, that's right, no trips to the fabric store for this one!  Crazy!  That was quite a challenge.

Well, I finally finished all 13 of them and pieced the top.  Once the blocks were done, the quilt top came together in a flash!
I chose to do an on-point setting as I had so many back-ground fabric choices. 

Apparently, if I add enough loud and busy prints, it evens things out!

I've been saving the Reiley Blake outer border fabric for quite some time now.  I think it pulled this whole red-white-black-gray quilt together.  The red added the splash of red color needed.

I had one leftover block--and it was the wrong size for the quilt.  Maybe I'll make it into a pillow.
Now....the quilt I'm choosing to feature from the link-ups last week is from Tanya Quilts in CO.  What a great project she made at her quilter's retreat!  Maybe some day I'll have the fortune of attending a quilter's retreat--but not now with 4 kids and 2 horses on the way!  :)

Modern Herringbone Quilt by Tanya Quilts in Co.

Here's your turn to link up!   Remember to "Keep It Simple and Make It Fun"   (otherwise it won't get done--ha ha!).  I love to see your projects.  Thank you for sharing--and remember I will send a free quilt pattern PDF to you if I feature your quilt next week.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I would love to respond to you, so leave me an email if you would like a response or your website if you would like me to visit you! Happy Quilting!