Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Do You Do Stuff The Hard Way?

So..here's another Work In Progress Wednesday and  I'm linking up to http://freshlypieced.com and http://teamquiltsy.blogspot.com.

I must admit that sampler quilts always have made me nervous.  I thought they required only custom quilting to satisfy the sashing and blocks.  However, this is MY quilt (not a customer's) so I could do it however I wanted.  I've been really pressed for time as I have been working toward a Master's degree (I have a BS in Molecular Biology & a  minor in Biochemistry--so I guess I'm full of it) and decided that I would permit myself to just do a free-motion edge to edge motif.  Guess what?  I love it!  I don't have to ALWAYS do everything the hard way!  For me, this is surprising information.  Do you ever feel that way?  At any rate, I love this blue sampler as it has a denim-feel to it.  I did a large-scale overall "lasso".


Favorite time of the day: unloading the quilt!

Close-up of the edge to edge quilted lasso.

5 comments:

  1. Very Pretty! I have a blue and white quilt on my to do list. I hope it looks as good as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the overall pattern. I think it looks great with your beautiful blue and white sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your quilting. I wish my easy way looked that good. Your hard way must be really spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blue quilt. And the quilting is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blue quilt turned out great! The quilting is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! I would love to respond to you, so leave me an email if you would like a response or your website if you would like me to visit you! Happy Quilting!