How Cool Is That? Jenny from Down To Sew nominated my blog for a Liebster award. Thanks Jenny. Here is a link to her blog:
It's an fun "award"
passed from blogger to blogger as a way to network and acknowledge some of your
favorite blogs. A receiving blog must have less than 200 followers.
1. Thank and link back up to the one that nominated you
2. Answer 11 questions asked to you by me.
3. Tell us 11 things
4. Nominate 11 of your favorite blogs that have less than 200
5. Ask them 11 questions.
So.. here are the questions Jenny asked me:
1. What is your favorite healthy snack?
My favorite healthy snack is called "Ants on a log". I remember first being introduced to it in Elementary School. It's celery with peanut-butter spread on it, sprinkled with raisins. Something about that combination just makes my mouth water and taste-buds sing. Don't ask me why... but I love it.
2. What is your least favorite thing
I get sad when I put a lot of time into writing a tutorial--such as those for smocking and never get a comment.
3. What was your first sewing project?
That's a good question as I grew up sewing with my mother. I remember being in third grade and my teacher's son-in-law (with kids) was tragically killed in an automobile accident. I sewed (by hand) a little white bunny to give to his now fatherless children. I guess I learned young that sewing is a way to serve and comfort others.
4. Do you organize
your fabric, and how?
My fabric is stowed in three plastic storage bins. One bin is for smocked dresses to complete, one bin is for quilt tops to complete and one bin is for scraps--to be used in applique or for my ward's Young Women's projects.
5. Do you play a musical instrument?
Yes, several actually. I've taught both Piano and Flute lessons. I also play the Piccolo and Guitar. I even had a Ukelele at one time. Music is a great escape.
6. Name a song
that you never get sick of hearing.
Humm...since it's the first song on my MP3 when I go jogging in the morning I just say it's Kelly Clarkson's, "If It Doesn't Kill You" (Make You Stronger). The irony really works for my...uh..jogging habit.
7. What is your worst sewing
Ha!!! To me or my sewing machine?!? To me...sewing through my finger. To my machines...well that gets expensive. One time my quilting machine sucked too much lint into the bobbin which then got sucked into the motor and created a jam. That was one expensive, scary repair.
8. Paper, plastic, or bring your own (most likely handmade) bags to
the grocery store?
Humm....it depends on how many of my kiddos I 'm bringing with me to the store. I like to bring my own when I remember--and not juggling too many kids. When I forget, we usually do plastic and recycle it.
9. What is the oldest thing in your fridge right
Some marshmallow-fluff mixed with cream cheese to dip fruit in. It tastes pretty good, but it's time to chuck it out.
10. Favorite kind of pie.
French Chocolate....is there any other kind? J/K
11. Do you paint your nails?
Only toenails--but my three-year-old daughter has to have ALL of hers done regularly.
So...my 11 questions for my nominees:
1. What types of blogs are your favorites to read? Family or Crafting?
2. What is the healthiest habit that you have that you enjoy?
3. What is your favorite book?
4. If you could meet any 5 people from history who would they be?
5. If you could meet any 5 current celebrities, who would it be?
6. Do you have a favorite memory of a sewing project that you have done for someone else?
7. Do you prefer milk chocolate, dark chocolate or white?
8. Do you like to design your own quilts, use a pattern or a little of both?
9. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
10. What are your other hobbies?
11. To camp...or not camp...that is the question.
Thanks for participating!
Here are my nominees-I've tried to keep it local--all from Utah!
http://wesortalikeeachother.blogspot.com/ This is my sister's blog--and she sews when she's not too busy.
http://www.annehenrie.blogspot.com/ of "And Sew it Goes"
http://moderntraditionssmocking.blogspot.com --Yes, I'm going to have to answer my own questions on my other blog---so I didn't ask anything too weird. :)
http://starleyquilts.blogspot.com/ Quilt Art Star, quilt appraiser. Ooh!
http://quiltedeuphoria.blogspot.com/ Great recipe for dinner tonight! Thanks!
http://didyoumakethat.blogspot.com/ This is another of my sister's blogs, she's creative in both sewing, cooking & home decorating. :) Great recipe for dessert tonight! :)
Additionally, I've added a new quilt pattern to my Etsy store. I'ts called "Stop'N'Go".
Here's a photo:
Have a great day!
- Charm Square Quilt Along 2015 Block Links
- Quilt Pattern Updates & Corrections
- One & 1/2 Cent Per Square Inch Catalog
- Links to Free Smocking Projects on the Internet
- Tutorial-Bishop's Yoke Smocked Dress
- Freebies! Instant Download Quilt Patterns, Tutorials And More!
- KISMIF Archive of Free Motion Quilting
- 2013 Quilt-A-Long
- Piecing Lessons
- Heirloom Sampler Blocks
- Tips for Domestic Machine Quilters
- 2014 Quilt Along: Punky-Wunkin Quilt