- I printed off a template from EQ5--I can load the PDF if anyone is interested, just leave me a comment.
- Fold the fabric in half to align the center with the half template.
- Cut the square in half.
- Aligned the template for the right hand side and used the rotary cutter to remove the triangle pieces.
- Flip the template to the template's mirror image and cut the other side of the heart.
- Take the top piece from the stack and moved it to the bottom so that the back-ground has a different color than the main heart.
- Sew on the three outside triangles.
- You will notice that the block is no longer square and will require trimming.
- Trim 1/4 inch from the center seamline--ensuring both sides are equal so that the center point aligns.
5. Square three outer edges, which will also need to be trimmed 1/4 inch. Note, don't trim the bottom edge of the heart, it is already square and if you did it would blunt the point of the heart.
Up next...a whack and stack 5 pointed star.
When they're done...I'm going to put them in to a whacked sashing. Is it just me or are these posts a little "whacky"...okay...too cheesy there...I've not had much sleep lately. :)